Chat With Us Contact Us Email Me
Adhatoda Vasica Extract (Family Acanthaceae) is a shrub, widespread throughout the tropical regions of Southeast Asia. The name, J. adhatoda L. and Adhatoda zeylanica Medic are used synonymously. It is commonly known as Vasaka or Malabar nut. It is a perennial, evergreen and highly branched shrub with unpleasant smell and bitter taste. It has opposite ascending branches with white, pink or purple flowers. It is a highly valuable Ayurvedic medicinal plant used to treat cold, cough, asthma and tuberculosis. Its main action is expectorant and antispasmodic.
The present study revealed that J. adhatoda has broad spectrum of antimicrobial activity and a potential source of antimicrobial agents. So, the Justicia Adhatoda Extract could be useful for chemotherapy and control of infectious diseases. The phytochemical studies revealed the presence of alkaloids in the extracts were active against both bacteria and fungi.
1. Stimulates the respiratory system.
2. Induces bronchodilation and relaxes the tracheal muscles.
3. Provides sigificant protection against histamine induced bronchospasm.
4. Reduces the elasticity and viscosity of tracheal mucus.
5. Exhibites moderate hypotensive activity and cardiac-depressant effect.
6. Anti-oxidation and hyaluronidase inhibiting activities, with improved moisture holding property.
1) Pharmaceutical as capsules or pills;
2) Functional food as capsules or pills;
3) Water-soluble beverages;
4) Health products as capsules or pills.