Chat With Us Contact Us Email Me
Isomalt is a chemical substance, alias, hydrogenated palatinose (hydrogenated isomalt), also known as palatinitol. White odorless crystal, sweet taste, sweetness is about 45%~65% of sucrose, slightly hygroscopic, melting range 145~150ºC, specific rotation ≥+91.5°(4% aqueous solution, M/V); soluble in water Its solubility in water is lower than that of sucrose at room temperature, and it can be close to sucrose after heating up, and it is insoluble in ethanol. It is obtained by enzymatic conversion of sucrose into isomaltulose, catalytic hydrogenation, concentration, crystallization and separation.
1. It is suitable for diabetic patients and will not cause blood sugar and insulin to rise.
2. It is non-cariogenic. Streptococcus mutans in the oral cavity cannot be decomposed and utilized. It does not produce acid and glucan, and does not cause tooth decay. It is especially suitable for children to eat.
3. The hydrolysis rate of isomaltulose is slower than that of sucrose, and its absorption rate is much slower than that of sucrose. It will not cause fluctuations in blood sugar levels and plasma insulin levels. Therefore, isomaltulose can be used as a sweetener for diabetic patients.
4. High tolerance, many sweeteners, such as sorbitol, xylitol, hydrogenated glucose syrup, maltitol syrup, and many oligosaccharides. Excessive consumption will cause discomfort such as abdominal distension, bowel irritation, diarrhea, etc. Both FAO/WHO stipulate its maximum use amount, but the human body's tolerance to isomalt is surprisingly large. Daily intake of 50g will not cause gastrointestinal discomfort.
5. The more reasonable negative heat of dissolution, the negative heat of dissolution of isomalt is only -39.4KJ/kg, so there will be no uncomfortable cold taste in the tasting.
6. The sweetness is pure and natural, and it can be used in conjunction with other strong sweeteners (such as cyclamate, stevia) to cover up the bad taste of other strong sweeteners.
7. High stability, isomalt is a polysaccharide alcohol, has no reducing properties, is very stable, does not hydrolyze under strong acid and alkali conditions, and does not produce pigments at high temperatures, compared with sucrose , Its stability is more than 10 times greater in value; it will not chemically react with other ingredients in food, such as Maillard reaction with amino acids. Isomalt cannot be used by most microorganisms. Therefore, products produced with isomalt have a longer shelf life.
8. Non-hygroscopicity. Compared with sucrose, glucose or some oligosaccharides, isomalt has very low hygroscopicity. When the relative humidity is 70% at 25°C, there is basically no moisture absorption, which is convenient for packaging and transportation.
9. Isomalt is an excellent bifidobacteria proliferation factor. Although isomalt cannot be used by the human body and most microbial enzymes, it can be used by the bifidobacteria in the human intestinal tract. Decomposition and utilization can promote the growth and reproduction of bifidobacteria and maintain the microecological balance of the intestinal tract, which is beneficial to the health of the human body.