Chat With Us Contact Us Email Me
The root of Picrorrhiza kurroa contains a number of very bitter glucosides including kutkin and picrorhizin, nine cucurbitacin glycosides, D-mannitol, benetic acid, kutkisterol, vanillic acid, and some steroids. Picrorhiza kurroa also contains apocynin, a powerful anti-inflammatory agent, which also reduces platelet aggregation.
The actions of Picrorhiza kurroa Extract are antibacterial, antiperiodic, cathartic (in large doses), laxative(in smaller doses) stomachic and bitter tonic, hepatoprotective, anticholestatic (relieves obstruction of bile salts), anti-inflammatory, anti-allergy, antioxidant; modulates the immune system and liver enzyme levels.
1) It is antibacterial and anti-inflammatory in action.
2) It is useful in curing fever and stomach disorders.
3) It shows hepatoprotective properties and protects the liver against toxins.
4) It shows antioxidant activity.
5) It is used to lower the high cholesterol level.
1) Applied in the food field.
2) Applied in the beverages field.
3) Applied in the cosmetics field.
4) Applied in the health products field.