Chat With Us Contact Us Email Me
L-Arginine (base) is an essential amino acid (essential = cannot be made by the human body and needs to be acquired from food/diet) especially when the body is under stress or duress. It is a major component of proteins. It can pass the blood/brain barrier (in supplement, free-form) and stimulates release by the anterior pituitary gland.
1. Arginine supports heart health: L-Arginine is a precursor for nitric oxide, a free radical, that positively affects blood pressure and can behave as an anti-coagulant. (there exists concern regarding L-Arginine supplementation post-heart attack. It is suggested not to use L-Arginine after heart attack
2. Supports reproductive health: Nitric Oxide impairment has been associated with erectile dysfunction
3. Supports wound healing: Arginine supports collagen production (skin repair), blood circulation and the immune system which support wound repair
4. Removes excess ammonia
5. Stimulates the immune system: Arginine supports the Thymus gland and the increase of T lymphocytes
6. Aids hormone production: glucagon, insulin and growth hormone